Friday, October 1, 2010

Simple Homemade Brownies





To be perfectly honest, I blow at baking. I'm not sure what it is, but I always struggle with all kinds of cakes, pies, cookies or anything else that requires approximate measurements. I like making most of my recipes by eye, meaning, I make things over and over until I get the amount of this and that just right. I'm sure this is why baking hates me. I actually modified this recipe off of one that I got off of food gawker, but as I said before, it took me about 3 trial and error brownie batches to get this right. They are quick, easy, and delicious. Trust me, if I can make them, you can. Don't forget the milk!

Simple Brownies
4 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate
1 stick of softened butter
4 eggs
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your baking pan (9x13) by using non-stick cooking spray, or preferably butter around the pan to unsure a non stick surface for your tasty treats. Melt chocolate and butter of stove top at a very low heat while stirring continuously until melted and creamy. Take off heat and let sit until the ingredients cool off so you can add your eggs. Once this bad boy cools off, go ahead and GRADUALLY beat in eggs and salt until blended thoroughly. Slowly mix in sugar and vanilla. Slowly sprinkle in flour by folding it in about three parts. Once everything looks well blended pour mixture into prepped baking pan and pop into the oven for about 24 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 20 minutes. Serve with a cold class of milk. MMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment